Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Monday, August 9, 2010

Still BF-ing..

From WP 6/8/2010


Amira has been on exclusive (no formula) BF since I stopped working at ard 6 mths old. Up till now. Yes! even now!

But actually for abt 4 mths back, there is no milk. She just need it to get to sleep, though its possible for her to sleep without it. I guess she just like the feeling of closeness and familiarity. I let her be coz I am thinking of tandem nursing my coming soon and Amira. It is said that it can promote bonding between the two. I wouldn't want her to feel left out just because someone new is coming along. I want her to believe in me and be assured that she is not being replaced or anything. I am quite worried as how she will feel towards her younger sibling, tho she had been practising a lot of baby caring with her teddies for the past few months and seems loving enough, insyaAllah -2 of the teddies were put on diapers, heheh.

After a year plus of exclusive BF, turns out that she does not want to drink any other milk! We have tried various brands, flavours, Karihome, fresh milk - all were rejected. I think she takes after me as I dont drink milk either. Cant even stand the smell of it! But thankfully she loves cheese, the orange-flavoured calciyum drink, milo and I am also trying to find other alternatives that can be a substitute for her source of calcium needs *worried*.

I also intend to give exclusive BF to my coming soon, insyaAllah. May Allah ease it for us.

People, especially men, may think that BF is an easy natural work - yeah it is work as it needs effort and determination to do it - but it really is not the case for most of us. That is why knowledge and support are very IMPORTANT! If you would like to know more, get support or addressing any issues on BF there is this group on FB -put together by my school seniors, thumbs up!- that you can join:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=579672887

Just for those who are still clueless:
BF = Breast feeding
FB = Face book
Somehow I find that funny..lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment