Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Monday, August 9, 2010

Making conversations

From WP 6/8/2010


I happen to be a not-so-friendly-open-to-conversation person. Not my fault, its just most of the times I don't have any idea of what to say. Abah is always 'nagging' at me not to be so quiet with people - well I think I am way much better now. You see, I have this theory of why I am such an introvert. It is because I have a super-friendly mum! *you will simply warm up to her*.

She is the exact opposite of me, she can strike a conversation with anyone anywhere I tell you! So since young, my mum did most of the talking, and as I was raised and taught that its rude to interrupt people's conversations, that is why I have been keeping mum and it becomes me - she even did most of the talk when I have friends over..heheh.

Sometimes I think its funny the way we strike a conversation with someone. Let's say if you happen to see your neighbour watering her plants, I know exactly what you are gonna say to her,

"Siram pokok kak" (with a little questioning tone). Am I right or am I right. I just dun understand it, of course she is watering her plants, so why are you asking a redundant question? How about if we ask,

"Tengah buat ape tu?" I bet she will definitely thinks "Bute ke budak ni? Tak nampak ke aku tengah siram pokok ni"

or maybe since 'asking' is what we do when we do not know or unsure about something and would like to acquire information on it, why dont we try 'buat-buat tak tahu' and say,

"Tengah basuh kereta ke?". Hmm definitely " Gile ke ape budak ni!"

 So I guess that is why everybody will choose the first option as it seems the sanest. And usually it will be greeted nicely, though its like "duh!" - I remembered watching this Erra Fazira's movie with Juliana Banos, cant remember the title tho, Erra will always greet the next-door uncle, saying something like "cuci motor cik?" and the uncle will retort back "taklah cuci kapalterbang!" lol.

Honestly, since moving to Kuantan for about 2 mths now I have not had the opportunity to meet with my next-door neighbour the wife -we met the husband. Terrible right? She is working and the walls between us is so high that I cannot see if there is someone at home or not - Abah is blaming me, he said I should go and take a look sometimes if she's home- I am like, hellooo, what am I supposed to do, stand in front of their gate peeking inside, like a busybody.

So I have decided that we buy a box of dates for them as a gift for Ramadhan, and hopefully will get to meet them maybe later today, insyaAllah.

No comments:

Post a Comment