Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Monday, August 9, 2010

Everything that could go wrong, went wrong..

From WP 3/8/2010

and it was our HONEYMOON.

Lesson learnt: Never let Abah plan our holidays. *sorry dear but its true :)*

Alike all newly married couples, the next exciting journey would be the HONEYMOON! To me it doesnt matter so much on the whereabouts, just as long as we had a whale of a great time together, it sufficed.

Honestly, we were really on a tight budget when we got married. We were even contemplating not going for a honeymoon at that time yet, but knowing that its 'now or never' abah put aside some for it. He chose Bali and it sounds heavenly to me.

We went by AirAsia from KLIA and if I am not wrong our departure was at 4pm. We reached KL that morning and were fetched by Abah's brother. Went to his house @ Shah Alam, had lunch, and it was already 2-3pm when we were on our way to the airport. ( Dear Abah do correct me if I got it wrong, cant remember the exact details )

Can you guess already what would go wrong?

The TIME! If your plane departs at a certain time, you have to be there like 2 hours earlier right!  But everyone seemed clueless about that, and we did not read the procedures on the ticket carefully. So when we reached there, the plane was about to take off in another half an hour! *ingat mcm naik bus ke, being early half an hour dah cukup bagus eh*

Still clueless, we said our goodbyes, then searched for our check-in counter. Of course we couldnt find any counters calling our ticket number as it was already CLOSED. So we went to one of the counter to ask about it, and to our HORROR the guy said it was closed and we have to change our flight to the next day.

Oh great..we couldnt go the next day, we already had someone waiting at the Bali airport for us and we had already booked our accomodation and such. So we pleaded and begged the guy to please let us through since the plane had not taken off yet. At last he relented, took our luggage - we only brought one as we intended to shop there - and hurriedly we went to the security gate.

I had on me my hand luggage and nobody informed me that you are not allowed to bring any liquids - I really did not know about this at that time- and what do you know, my bag is FILLED with my facial and toiletries items. There were facial foam, toner, shampoo, shower foam...all newly-bought. Not to mention my also new big bottle of Hugo Femme. So when my bag passed the detector, the lady security opened it and took out the items giving me 2 options: Keep it in the airport locker with a daily fee or off they go into the garbage bin. I was already pissed off with Abah about the timing and our nearly missing the flight, and now this?!

Abah quickly phoned his brother and luckily they were still at the airport, so all the things were passed to them. But I stubbornly held on to my Femme. I just don't care and luckily the lady was quite kind she let me through.

We reached Bali at last! Excitement rising. After all the checks we went to get our bag. But whats the next worst thing that can happen in a journey? LOSING YOUR LUGGAGE! That was what happened. YES we lost our luggage. We waited and waited and waited but our bag was still nowhere to be seen. I dont even want to list down what's in the bag, its too upsetting. And so there we were, on our honeymoon, without our luggage -thankfully I put both our essential 'inner clothings' in my hand luggage *hee* .

But I had to admit, the next 6 days were one of the best weeks of life. Alhamdulillah no more screw ups. I think we had already nailed it all, thats why. And Bali was simply GREAT! The Villa we were staying at, -got a superb price courtesy of Abah's 'boss', instead of 300-400USD per night we got it only S$100 per night!- was outstanding! It was HUGE with personal pool, garden, lounge, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, and the best thing were the bathrooms!


Awesome place!















My top and Abah's t-shirt were bought there, but I had to put on the same scarf every other day


As Abah had already experienced Bali before, so he knew a bit of the places here and there. Instead of taking a car tour, we went everywhere by motorcycle and it was FUN! Just the two of us.
And so I have to say, putting aside of all the things that happened, it was the perfect honeymoon.
Thank you dear. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment