Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Friday, September 3, 2010

The newest addition...

Alhamdulillah, we are blessed in this special month with a newest addition to our family.


Umaira Balqis bte Mohammad Razman
28/8/10 3.48kg
11:44am
Parkway East Hospital, Singapore

Once again, I was eased by His will during the delivery - subhanallah, thank you O Allah! If the first time my labour period was only for 3 hours, but this time it was half of that! I truly salute those who endured long labours, for I feel that though it was a short time, but it was the most agonizing moments in my life. But then again, it was well worth the pain!

Just like the first, I was induced. This time it was Abah's and my choice - we can still choose to wait till another week - and turned out that it was the best one made. Reason is baby had already pooped inside, found out when Dr. Aziz burst my water bag. Wait a little longer and I will have to undergo c-sect *shudder*.

At that time I was only 2-3cm dilated, so there's another 7cm to go. For some it can take up to an hour or more to dilate a cm. I had about 5-6 major excruciating contractions before feeling the urge to push. But I had to refrain as Dr. Aziz was not around yet for he did not expect it to be so soon. It was HARD trying not to push. At last after 3 times contractions, he came. Umaira was out on the 2nd push. It felt like I was in a marathon with the people around cheering me on and that helped a lot. I am thankful that Abah was with me all the time too. Though at some moments I was annoyed, like when he asked "Mama ok tak?" when I was in the middle of a contraction! *I know u meant well..:)*

All in all, I am glad thats over and went well. Now enduring confinement. Bigger responsibility and bigger test of patience awaits.

And how is Amira Balqis -big sis-  taking this new change....hmm...not quite well for now. She had fever the first few days, now showing a lot more tantrums, mood swings and so on. Pray that its just short phase, amin. But when in good mood, she did show love to lil sis, and fondly called her Umaiyyah Batis..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment