Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Such a FINE day

So how was your first Ramadhan? Being 9 mths pregnant, alhamdulillah I feel that fasting is not really a heavy task, thank you Allah for the strength. Maybe because as I stay at home, the toll on me is not that heavy, I can do my work at my own pace and take a rest whenever I feel tired. *always short of breath nowadays especially after climbing the flight of stairs*

I felt that yesterday was quite a test for us -me n abah-, not fasting-wise but hmm..money-wise.

Abah came back from work and announced that he had 2 bad news. He received a call from his auntie on the way back home and was informed that she had to pay forward the fines he accumulated, as Abah's car is under her name. She wanted to settle some matters and in order to do that, the fines had to be settled first. Guess how much it was...RM600! Hard-earned money down the drain.

And what do you know, at that time when he was on the phone, he was driving *claimed that it was at a red traffic light*. Just his luck that he was spotted by the police. Another FINE coming up! *grrr* Abah defensively said to them that he wasn't actually driving coz it was during the red light when he took the call. The police claimed that they had video on him. The fine amount was RM150. Then they offered something which I wished -and Abah is feeling remourseful- they did not. A 'settlement' right there and then. RM50 and Abah was let go. BRIBERY on the first day of Ramadhan! I pray that the police did not use the money to buy food for his family's break fast. *astargfirullah!* Abah! Make sure that will be the last time! Its a sin for both giver and receiver!

Subhanallah! What a first day of Ramadhan it was!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment