Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Monday, August 9, 2010

The plan

From WP 4/8/2010


Since the first trimester we have been undecided on where should I give birth at.

A LOT of things have to be taken into consideration:
- who's gonna take care of me + plus Amira during confinement = preference my own Mum (Singapore)
- Abah's work = preference Kuantan
-  Celebrating Ramadhan and Raya = preference Terengganu

Not to mention the other people's feelings, like Moktok would LIKE me to deliver in Terengganu, and mum would LIKE me to deliver in Singapore.

So you see, its so not easy making this decisison. We had to discuss and make the wisest decision and of course me and Abah have different preferences. I couldnt remember how many times we tried to discuss about this and ended up upsetting each other.

But in the end, as of now, we (especially me) had decided to deliver in....Singapore. Thank you Abah for supporting and agreeing with me. Top of reason is my own fear and confidence. I am afraid and have no confidence of the unfamiliar environment. I had never been to a hospital in Terengganu, as for Kuantan, visited a friend who gave birth recently, had to be c-sect even though first pregnancy was normal -not helping at all, though I believe its nothing to do with the doctors or the hospital but nonetheless it gave me the shudder. Not saying that it will all be better in Singapore, but at least I would have that strength - mind especially- ,
insyaAllah to preservere and hopefully that will make it a little better.

So this is our plan, insyaAllah:
We will drive back to Terengganu on the first Ramadhan. We hope that this will at least make Moktok happy -Abah happens to be the apple of her eyes, and for the past 2 yrs we have been celebrating Raya at Terengganu, so for this year I hope she can take it well that we are not going to be there for Raya. Then on Sunday, we will drive back to Singapore (abt 10hrs journey if Abah's driving - gulp-). My appointment will be on the next day. And so after that, I will stay put in Singapore, until delivered, maybe spend 2 weeks of recuperation then come back to Kuantan/Terengganu. *Allahumma la sahlan illa ma ja'altahu sahlan, O Allah please make it easy upon us, and pls give me strength to go through this, amin*

So that's the plan, and only if baby does not decide to pop earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment