Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form. ~Rumi~

Monday, September 13, 2010

Chinese side of me

People will find it quite hard to believe that I have Chinese blood in me.  

But not my younger sis, she has I'm Chinese written all over her face..hehe
My mum's pure Chinese, she even has a convert card. She was actually given to a Malay family since baby. She had never met her Chinese mum till she was about 20 years of age. But it lasted only till 6 years, as my Chinese grandma passed away and my mum lost contact with her Chinese family ever since. 

I actually remember snippets of Grandma's funeral. I remember seeing her in the coffin and she was fed with a handful of something. Not really sure what it was. 

Now mum is already 50. And thanks to Facebook, she was reunited once again with her Chinese family. My grandpa had passed away too. So there's only the siblings of 7.  

We did an open house yesterday at mum's, and some of them came.

~ Lot of friendly, joyful and generous people ~
And did I say on my father's side, my grandpa was an immigrant all the way from Pakistan. The race in my IC also reads Pakistani. Another shocked faces I would get when people saw that. Hmmm..I wonder why I look so Malay?

No comments:

Post a Comment